Saturday, June 26, 2010

Self Apprenticeship




So, Today marks the end of my first week in my new studio space. I created 7 paintings this week which is rather prolific if I do say so myself. What I am finding is that this attempt at art full time is about more than just creating, it is about networking, marketing, budgeting, designing, planning, and remembering to breath. I feel well prepared for the actual creative process, but it is all that other stuff that can leave me a bit befuddled. I was talking with a friend about this and she reminded me that I cannot figure it all out in a week! She compared it to an apprenticeship, but without the mentor, "self apprenticeship" well...okay so I guess I'll give it a go!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the positive note--I appreciate the feedback. I'm new to paitning, but have loved writing poetry for many years. I don't believe many people have seen my blog, except family, so I am glad you came upon it, because I was able to visit yours, and I think your work is beautiful too.
    Kristine

    ReplyDelete